Residential Trash/Garbage Pickup and Bulk Waste Collections
The City of Zachary has a solid waste collection contract with Waste Management of Louisiana for garbage and trash pickup. Curbside garbage/solid waste pickup is provided twice a week per week to each residential home. Garbage/solid waste is useless, unwanted or discarded materials with insufficient liquid content to be free flowing, that results from domestic operations.
Bulk waste collection service is offered bi-monthly through contract with Lionel Boudreaux Trucking, for all residents and small commercial businesses. Scheduled pick-ups of bulk waste for residents and small business located North of Main/Hwy. 64 will be collected on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month. Pick-up for locations South of Main/Hwy. 64 will receive service on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays. This service is only authorized to pick-up 6 cubic yards per household/business including, tree limbs and trunks not exceeding 45 lbs. in weight or 6 feet in length, green waste that is pre-bagged, leaves, flowers, stalks, stems and tree trimmings, white goods, furniture or other waste that does not fit inside containers. Bulk waste pick-up excludes construction debris, tires, auto parts, and garbage. Collections shall not start before 6 am or continue after 8 pm on the same day. For additional information on bulk waste pick-up, contact Lionel Boudreaux Trucking Customer Service Line, 225 217-0455.
Both Waste Management and Lionel Boudreaux Trucking observes the following legal holiday: Christmas Day. These will be non-collection days. Should the scheduled collection day fall on an above-described holiday, the collection will be accomplished on the next business day after such holiday.
In addition, residents may also dispose of garbage, trash, and bulk items at the East Baton Rouge Parish North Landfill, located at 16001 Samuels Road in Zachary between the hours of 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday. Residents are limited to garbage disposal four times per month at no fee. Bulk items, such as demolition debris or building materials will be weighed and charged a $28 per ton tipping fee, or 1000 pounds or less at $14.00. For questions or inquiries, contact the EBRP North Landfill at 225 389-4813.
Residential Recycling Pickup
Waste Management is contracted by the City of Zachary for the collection of residential recycling. This service is provided once a week per customer. Collection days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday dependent on the residence location. This service is provided once a week per customer. All recyclable materials must be in an 18-gallon green recycling bin. If you need a green bin, they are available for pickup at the City of Zachary Annex, located at 4650 Main Street. All recyclable materials can be mixed in these bins. It is best to put your recycling cart out the night before it is to be picked up. Route pickup begins at 5 a.m. each morning.
Acceptable recycling products:
- Newspaper, magazines, scrap paper, cardboard, glass, plastics with a 1-7 inside the recycle arrow, milk cartons, juice boxes, detergent refill containers, aluminum cans, tin cans, steel cans, bimetal cans and metal lids
- Juice, milk and cream boxes and cartons (rinse), cereal and cracker boxes (remove liners)
- Clear, brown and green beverage bottles and food jars (empty and rinse), wine bottles (remove the top, cork, and foil, rinse).
Unacceptable recycling products:
- Plastic bags, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, plastic film, household garbage, yard trimmings or woody waste, building materials, automobile/trailer or bike tires, household or hazardous waste (electronics, batteries, paint, chemicals, oil or oil filters), soiled papers (diapers, tissues, paper towels, paper plates, napkins, or pizza boxes)
- Clothes hangers, toys, 6-pack rings, chemical containers, packing materials or plastic wrap, soiled paper, photos, hardcover books, carbon paper, newspaper delivery bags or rubber bands
- Waxy frozen food packaging, take-out food containers, pizza boxes, light bulbs, mirrors, window glass, drinking glasses, ceramics, or Pyrex