Zachary is considered a leader regarding its quality of life, its societal and educational opportunities and its many amenities. The economic and convenience advantages make it a number one place to LIVE. In addition to local accomplishments and its growing state-wide influence, Zachary’s national persona also helps to identify it as one of the top cities in the country to live and raise a family.
These are just a few of the reasons why our 15,000+ residents choose to raise their families in Zachary.
- Low crime
- Easy access to healthcare
- Highest average household income in the capital region
- Continued economic growth
- "Top school district in Louisiana for 13 years in a row" - LA Department of Education
- "Seventh place in Louisiana to live" named by Movoto Real Estate Blog
- "Top 10 Best Towns for Families in America" - 2012, Family Circle Magazine
- "Top 5 Best Towns for Young Families in Louisiana" - 2013, NerdWallet.com
- Ranked 2nd in 2014 for "Best Cities to Raise a Family" - CreditDonkey
- Zachary Youth Park - Nationally awarded 2013 Pioneer Athletics "Field of Excellence" for its top quality athletic fields
- Top 10 states for doing business in America in 2013 - Area Development Magazine
- Excellent fire rating
- Homeowners insurance premiums kept low
- Equally diverse opportunities for worship
- Incredible housing for all incomes
The Zachary experience features a high quality of life that is enjoyed by all residents. Pleasant neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, a wide variety of restaurants, shops and stores convenient to residential areas, along with an abundance of recreational activities make Zachary the first choice for many families. But even more than the schools, restaurants and stores - the sense of community. The friendly, helpful neighbors, the security of living in low-crime neighborhoods, the peace of mind of having a first class medical center nearby, people working together to make a better city – is what makes Zachary a place people love to call home.