The Fields House was built by Herman Fields, who was also in the mercantile business in Zachary. He bought the lot in 1898 and built his house right behind his store a short time later. The house, a story and a half Queen Anne-style galleried cottage, did not burn in the fire of 1903. Herman Fields died in 1925. His widow, Tulah Fields lived in the house and operated the store until her death in 1953. The Fields had no children. The home later went through several owners. It is privately owned by the owners of the Magnolia Café located in St. Francisville and currently being renovated for Venues.