Believed to have been built in 1898, the Allison House is the oldest house in the historic village. The house is an American expression of the Italianate style of architecture. It is a frame house in the Louisiana Creole cottage form with an insert front gallery and a central hall plan. The house today is furnished with items from a typical country home of the period. It contains artifacts such as a wood stove and butter churn. There is also a privy in the backyard of the house since the Allison House originally had no indoor plumbing. The house was believed to have been built by Morris Reinberg, who was in the mercantile business. In 1919, the Reinberg family sold the property to Andrew J. Allison. Andrew J. Allison and his descendants occupied the home until it was acquired by the City of Zachary for the Museum Complex in 1992. It also survived the devastating 1903 fire that burned most of the downtown commercial district in Zachary.